Rhodes Island is the largest of the Dodecanese Islands, where mild winters and hot summers give it one of the healthiest and most unpolluted climates in the Mediterranean. The Sun god Helios beams on his island 300 days a year.
Today, Rhodes island is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
There is not one place on the island that is not worth visiting, from the archeological sites, to the fabulous beaches, from the valley of butterflies to the honey factory, from fascinating museums and modern art gallery to the Medieval town, from Prasonissi in the south to Rhodes town in the North.
Rhodes city with its yacht filled harbor, bustling new town and unique medieval old town is easily reached by car.
Historically, Rhodes was famous worldwide for the Colossus of Rhodes, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The medieval Old Town of the City of Rhodes has been declared a World Heritage Site.
There is so much to see and experience in Rhodes, there are so many choices for visitors, that they could never lose interest. With more than 2400 years of history & culture that left their imprints or all over the island, with impeccable natural beauty and a great variety of landscapes, with modern infrastructure and cosmopolitan atmosphere, Rhodes satisfies even the most demanding visitor!
Recommended places to visit:
• The Medieval City of Rhodes and the Palace of Grand Masters
• Acropolis of Rhodes (Temple of Apollo), ancient theatre and stadium
• Lindos village and Acropolis of Lindos with Lyndia Athenas’ temple
• Filerimos, ancient city of Ialysos and Ancient Kamiros
Among the so many locations and points of interest Rhodes island has to offer, here are just a few of them you must not miss when you are on the Island. Rhodes has more to offer than sea and sand, and visiting the following places will surely give something extra to remember from vacation.
• The Valley of the Butterflies (Petaloudes)
• 7 Springs ‘’Epta piges’’ (seven springs) near to Archipolis Village
• Hydrobiological Station of Rhodes (Marine Aquarium)
• Kalithea Spings with magnificent scenery
• Prasonisi (it is one of the most impressive beaches on the island)
•The village of Monolithos and its castle
•The monastery of Tsampika and the beautiful bay
•Lindos village (the most attractive and beautiful villages of Rhodes)
• Rodini Park (probably the first landscaped park in the world}